This policy has been created to explain our privacy practices so you will understand when and how personal information is collected, used, disclosed and protected. We value and respect your privacy.
Updates - 17nd February 2010
The policy has been updated to cover the new shareable places and their export to OpenStreetMap, see below for details.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
- You are responsible for keeping your passwords and other security information secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other mapme.at users.
- You may not use the mapme.at service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the mapme.at service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack mapme.at or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with mapme.at
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any mapme.at members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of mapme.at, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Therefore, we encourage you to check our Policy whenever you use the Service to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
mapme.at collects personal information when you register with mapme.at or add content to mapme.at.
When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your name, birth date, city of residence, gender, biographical information and personal interests.
mampe.at automatically records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request. We may also use web beacons.
mapme.at uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
The information that you upload to mapme.at is owned by you and you retain all rights to that information in the future. You do however grant mapme.at a license to reproduce and display this information on our website and through our APIs using privacy constraints that you specify while you have an account on mapme.at.
When creating "places" you are given the option of sharing them with other users of the site. If you mark that a place may be shared with "everyone" then we may at some point add these places to the OpenStreetMap database. By marking a place as shared with "everyone" you agree that the place information may be added to the OpenStreetMap database and held and used under all current and future OpenStreetMap data licenses, more information on OpenStreetMap licenses can be found here.
You can request deletion of your account at any time by sending an email with the word "delete" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deleting your account will result in the complete removal of all information relating to your account apart from very specific cases involving information that you have specifically marked as being shared for other users to use, such as public "places". mapme.at reserves the right to store deleted user information as part of system backups for a period of no longer than a month.
We encourage users to share their current location and location history with contacts and with the public at a privacy level that they feel comfortable with, however if you choose not to, you can select an option to store only your current location and to withhold your location to anyone at any time. In this case your location will not be displayed to any other person on the site and will not be publicly viewable.
mapme.at is bound by all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf; A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit mapme.at to locate the material; Your contact information, including your address, telephone number and email address; A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to email@example.com or to our registered office:
Wellswood, 2 Highfields